Enjoyable couple of hours in the darkroom printing up a negative from yesterday. Two prints drying as I type this.
Printed on Ilford MGIV RC Warmtone paper at grade 3 for 19secs. The film was Ilford HP5+ developed in Kodak HC110 at 1:49 for 8 minutes.
Despite the snow this morning I wanted to try out my new 6×9 roll film holder. It arrived yesterday supposedly exc+ condition but unfortunately that wasn’t the case. The light seals had turned to goo and the mechanism to prevent winding the film on after taking an exposure wasn’t working! I repaired the light seals and thought I’d chance the wind on fault.
Seeing the amount of snow overnight I was a bit reluctant to drive too far from home but Cawthorne Lane was reasonably clear so I chanced it. As always though the further north one goes – even a mile or so – the weather can be totally different and there was a fair bit of snow around. I drove along the top road and tried to drive up the lane to the Roman Camps but couldn’t make it – kept getting stuck on the speed bumps. After much messing about I left the car at the bottom of the entrance and did the rest on foot.
I set up the camera and proceeded to make a few exposures. As always it takes me a while to get used to using my Wista large format cameras again but I was soon finding my way ok. I also used Bob’s Dagor 100mm lens which I’ve been keen to try out and 6×9 is the perfect format for it.
I ended up getting 5 shots on a roll – should be 8 but I overcompensated for the wind on problem.
I returned home and went straight in the darkroom to process the film. All looks good.
Now I need to repair the wind on problem as I seem to have sorted the light seals ok.
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!